Founded in 2011, Utah Brewers Guild is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit trade organization made up of craft breweries, associate members, and craft beer enthusiasts who promote and support a dynamic and growing craft beer industry in Utah.
We have 37 member breweries—and counting! Our guild promotes and advocates on behalf of Utah's thriving craft beer industry.
The mission of the Utah Brewers Guild is to promote and protect the interests of Utah's craft brewers through the following measures:
- Advocacy: Advocate for the craft beer industry in Utah and on the federal level
- Support: Build resources and educational opportunities for Utah brewers
- Events: Raise the profile and awareness of craft brewers in Utah
UBG members stand for the responsible enjoyment of quality, locally produced craft beer.
Board of Directors
The Utah Brewers Guild is governed by a volunteer board of directors who serve two-year terms that alternate every year.
- Mark Medura, President, Level Crossing Brewing Company
- Jacquie King, Vice President, Ogden Beer Company
- Jeremy Ragonese, Board Member, Uinta Brewing
- Ginger Bowden, Board Member, Vernal Brewing Company
- Peter Erickson, Board Member, Epic Brewing Company
The Utah Brewers Guild Executive Director is Teri Mumm (email
Utah Craft Brewing's Economic Impact
UBG members are small businesses connected to Utah’s manufacturing, retail, and hospitality industries.
- UBG Members employ approximately 12,000 Utahns in full-time and part-time positions, with employment opportunities for a breadth of educational levels and backgrounds.
- The craft beer industry contributes $534 million to the Utah economy each year.
- UBG members are connected to the Utah manufacturing, agricultural, retail, and hospitality industries.
- UBG's craft brewers are conscientious of the environmental impact of the industry and strive toward high levels of efficiency in brewing and in business operations.
- Safety is key to the success of our craft brewers. Our safety subcommitee meets regularly to guide our members to the safest outcomes.